Fees, Referrals and Rebates
This practise is committed to keeping fees below the recommended Australian Psychological Society (APS) rate of $260 per 50 minute session.
Reduced Fee - $240
MHCP Medicare Rebate - $128.40
Your rebate can be processed at the time of appointment as HICAPS facilities are provided. Please note you will need to insert your savings/cheque card into the HICAPS machine to receive your rebate.
As a Clinical Psychologist, Kate's services attract the above Medicare Rebate towards the cost of each session. This applies to those referred by a GP/psychiatrist/paediatrician with a Mental Health Care Plan.
A MHCP entitles each individual to ten sessions per calendar year (as deemed necessary by a referring doctor). Please discuss this with your healthcare professional.
Private health insurance rebates are also available for those with the appropriate private health insurance cover. As rebates vary between funds please contact your insurer for eligibility and latest rebate rates applicable with a Clinical Psychologist. A doctors referral is generally not required for these rebates.
Discounted fees may apply to pensioners, unemployed and/or healthcare card holders and where possible individual circumstances are taken into consideration, however we are unable to provide a full bulk billing service. We appreciate there are times when no out of pocket costs are necessary, if so please ask your GP for referral to access alternative counselling or government funded organisations (i.,e Headspace; CAMHS).
This psychology service prides itself on best practice and you have a right to know what you are paying for...
- Your clinician has reached the highest level of qualification within the psychology discipline.
- This includes a minimum of 8 years full time psychology-related tertiary education followed by
- 18 months supervised clinical practise prior to being fully endorsed.
- Clinical Psychologists by definition have highly specialised training in the assessment, diagnosis, formulation and treatment of mental health emotional/behavioural disorders and are the only psychologists to have this advanced level of education and training in mental health.
- In addition to your face-to-face appointment - outside therapy time involves:
- Initial session preparation
- Individualised research
- Formulation & client-centred treatment planning
- Compiling of case notes
- Follow up telephone calls (if required)
- Scoring and interpretation of psychological assessments
- Report writing
- Communication with allied health professionals or insurance case managers
You also receive:
- More session time - generally your appointment at this practise will be longer than the Medicare minimum 50 mins (so please allow at least 1 hour)
- Every client will receive a comprehensive psycho-educational resource booklet at their first appointment
- A welcoming smile and coffee/tea while you enjoy the office view of a beautiful park & take some well-deserved time out for yourself
Ethical, Professional Development and Business Commitments for your clinician include:
- Annual registration fees and membership to governing bodies (ie., AHPRA, APS)
- Purchase of copyright resources and up-to-date assessment tools
- Indemnity insurance costs
- Business running costs (i.e., rent, software, HICAPs, internet, telephone, stationary costs & administration)
- Compulsory professional training (approx 20 hours annually)
- Compulsory peer clinical meetings/supervision (approx 10 hours annually)