Fees, Rebates, Referral Information and Psychologist Credentials
FEES & REBATES
This practise is committed to keeping fees below the recommended Australian Psychological Society (APS) rate of $260 per 50 minute session.
Reduced Fee - $240
MHCP Medicare Rebate - $128.40
As a Clinical Psychologist, Kate's services attract the above Medicare Rebate towards the cost of each session. This applies to those referred by a psychiatrist or GP with a valid Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP).
Your rebate can be processed at the time of appointment as HICAPS facilities are provided. Please note you will need to insert your savings/cheque debit card into the HICAPS machine to receive your rebate.
Discounted fees may apply to pensioners, unemployed and/or healthcare card holders and where possible individual circumstances are taken into consideration, however we are unable to provide a full bulk billing service. We appreciate there are times when no out of pocket costs are necessary, if so please ask your GP for referral to access alternative counselling or government funded organisations (i.,e Headspace; CAMHS).
1 - MEDICARE (via Better Access on a MHCP from your referring doctor)
Previously those referred on a valid MHCP could access up to ten sessions per calendar year. However, recent Federal Budget announcements have included doubling the number of subsidised MHCP psychology sessions from ten to twenty (6 + 4 + 10).
Re-referrals are required after the 6th and then following the 10th appointment in order to receive the additional ten sessions (as deemed appropriate by your GP/psychiatrist).
The additional ten subsidised MHCP session rebates are currently available (until June 30 2022) for clients who meet the following criteria:
- A current/valid MHCP and have used the initial ten MHCP sessions in the calendar year.
- A GP referral detailing in writing assess to the ten additional MHCP sessions.
2- PRIVATE HEALTH (private clients)
Private health insurance rebates are also available for those with the appropriate private health insurance cover. As rebates vary between funds please contact your insurer for eligibility and latest rebate rates applicable with a Clinical Psychologist. A doctors referral is generally not required for these rebates.
3- THIRD PARTY (i.e approved insurance or work cover claim)
As a clinical psychologist services can also include initial assessment, diagnosis, recommendations and treatment interventions for individuals that have an approved insurance claim. Generally clients are referred via their GP but are not responsible for therapy costs. This may include claims involving:
- Sexual Harassment
- Physical/Psychological Injury
Impacts of Crime
Please enquire if you feel you may be eligible.
CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST CREDENTIALS
This psychology service prides itself on best practice and you have a right to know what you are investing in
Clinical Psychologists by definition have specialised training in the assessment, diagnosis, formulation and treatment interventions of mental health illness and emotional/behavioural disorders. They also help individuals who may be experiencing difficult life events in order to improve their psychological well-being.
Your clinician has reached the highest level of qualification within the psychology discipline.
- a minimum of 8 years full time psychology-related tertiary education
- followed by 18 months supervised clinical practise prior to being fully endorsed
In addition to your face-to-face appointment - outside therapy time involves:
- Initial session preparation
- Individualised research
- Formulation & client-centred treatment planning
- Compiling of case notes
- Follow up telephone calls (if required)
- Scoring and interpretation of psychological assessments
- Report writing
- Communication with allied health professionals or insurance case managers
You also receive:
- A comprehensive psycho-educational resource booklet at your first appointment
- A welcoming smile and coffee/tea while you enjoy the office view of a beautiful park & take some well-deserved time out for yourself
- In most cases your appointment at this practise will be longer than the Medicare minimum 50 mins (so please allow at least 1 hour)
Ethical, Professional Development and Business Commitments for your clinician include:
- Annual registration fees and membership to governing bodies (ie., AHPRA, APS)
- Purchase of copyright resources and up-to-date assessment tools
- Indemnity insurance costs
- Business running costs (i.e., rent, software, HICAPs, internet, telephone, stationary costs & administration)
- Compulsory professional development training (approx 20 hours annually)
- Compulsory peer clinical meetings/supervision (approx 10 hours annually)